Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I learned something today

For what may be the first time, the Letters to the Editor section of the local paper proved useful other than as a quick way to raise my blood pressure and ruin breakfast with my wife.

In yesterday's exciting episode of DoMMeSTC, I referred to what I call the Unified Theory of American Conservatism: namely, that we must govern in such a way that nobody ever get what they don't rightfully deserve.

Revan Tranter of Berkeley, reminds us that none other than the esteemed J.K. Galbraith once said:

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.

Interestingly enough, despite nearly 34,000 Google matches for this quote, it doesn't appear to have a source.


No comments: